Tourist Destinations and Attractions
A state that is best known as the premier destination for enthralling wonders and awe-inspiring natural creations among adventurers and eco-tourists. If you are seeking for personal connection with Mother Nature, wilds and local people, take a day cruise or tour in the most popular destinations and attractions of Alaska!
- dubbed as the largest city in Alaska, Anchorage was named as an All-America City for five years by the National Civic League. Anchorage lies in Southcentral Alaska, which nicknamed as one of the most stunning setting in the world. This vibrant city has maritime climate all year round, perfect for adventure, recreational activities and more. The unique destination of Anchorage is surrounded with splendid backwoods and rolling mountains. From summer to winter season, Anchorage will enchant every travelers, as it illustrates a wonderland full of spectacles.
- it is the third largest metropolis in the state housing 30,987 total population according to 2005 estimation. With its extraordinary location, it offers a convenient access to some of Alaska’s famous attraction such as Glacier Bay National Park, Taku River and Tracy Arm Fjord. This cosmopolitan city is replete with towering mountains and other picturesque marvels, thus whether it is for tranquil vacation or thrilling experiences, Juneau spells only one thing-- paradise!
- spanning 358 miles on the north portion of Anchorage, Fairbanks is the second largest city in the state with Subarctic climate, which is characterized by long chilly winters and brief temperate summers. This largest metropolis in Interior district is nicknamed as “The Golden Heart of Alaska”. Fairbanks is a good destination for excursionists as it boasts with impressive sites and landmarks. The city is also the home of the oldest college in Alaska-- the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- a quaint city located in Kenai Peninsula Borough in the beautiful state of Alaska. Homer is also known as “The Cosmic Hamlet by the Sea” but was made popular in Tom Bodett’s stories as “The End of the Road”. The city of Homer contains several trails, parks and refuges giving you tons of travel opportunities to explore its wilderness. Homer is one of the numerous places in the state to have an ultimate Alaskan experience of a lifetime!
- deemed to be the most picturesque city in Southeast Alaska that nestles on the west portion of Baranof Island. Sitka is flanked with enchanting snow-capped peaks on the east and Pacific Ocean on the west. This fourth largest city in terms of population in Alaska has an abundant variety of outdoor activities offered to its guests. This includes kayaking, Baranof Cross-Island Trail, mountain climbing and much more. Without a doubt, taking a halt at Sitka gives you more than what you have expected for an awesome vacation.
- originally named as the Glacier City since it is surrounded with seven permanent glaciers. It is beautifully nestled on Turnagain Arm and bounded by Chugach State Park and Chugach National Forest. This flourishing metropolis homes the finest ski resort in Alaska situated at the base of Mount Alyeska. The peak offers scenic panoramic vista of the surroundings. Girdwood is your ideal haven to relax and enjoy a serene vacation and awesome holiday hideaway.
- on the west side of Kenai Peninsula Borough lies a picturesque city that was established by Russian fur traders in 1791. During summer months, Kenai is a famous destination for picking berries such as wild raspberries, cranberries, crowberries and much more since most of it all grow on the peninsula. The location of Kenai is close to the river mouth of Kenai River to the Cook Inlet of Pacific Ocean. The city is a part of the oldest permanent settlement in the US State of Alaska. Whilst visiting Kenai you can find religious and art artifacts in the early 1800’s on display.
- a wonderful haven to spend your holiday escapade or vacation hideaway. The city is located around 500 miles west of Fairbanks. Nome is surrounded with sedate atmosphere and scenic views. There are myriads of tourist attractions dotting in Nome. Each boasts with stunning wonders and exciting leisure activities.